LATTE&STILETTOS


Confessions of a Customer Service Rep



Long time, no see! My customers have been super nice to me lately! ... Until this one lady of course...


I receive a phone call from a man asking to reserve some plush toys from a movie. No problemo, they're right in front of my desk. I had to ask my coworkers for the characters seeing as I haven't seen the movie yet. He does not tell me how much they're supposed to be nor does he provide me with a item/product number.

When he comes in with his wife, I give him the plush toys and at first, it didn't seem like there were any problems but then... yeah, OF COURSE THERE WERE.

Wife: [cussing in Chinese to the husband]: THESE AREN'T IT, IS SHE FREAKING DUMB?! DOES SHE NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? THESE ARE NOT IT!!!!!!
Husband [to me in English]: These aren't it. I asked for the basic ones. This says bean bag plush.
Me: These are the only ones we have. The only other one is for $34.99
Wife: [still freaking out in Chinese]
After some more complaining and tantrum throwing from his wife (pretty sure she was in her late 30s but of course, I saw her as a kid not getting what she wanted)--
Husband: Can I speak to your manager?

I call my manager and he basically tells them the same thing. He asks for a item/product number and he gives it to me (WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME EARLIER?) I tell my manager that they're coming in and my manager says he'd call them when it comes in. They leave and I reveal to my manager that I understood every word that the woman said (JUST BECAUSE I DON'T LOOK COMPLETELY ASIAN DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU MA'AM) and then had some laughter about the situation.

Tell me how... they come back to purchase the ones I reserved for them anyway. WHY DID YOU WASTE MY MOTHERFUCKING TIME?

I did a follow-up with my manager asking if they came back for it. They did but the tantrum throwing wife took all the energy in the world to mutter the words "thank you" My manager said "I was thinking about you the whole time. Really wish you were there to witness it" Me too, man, me too. After that, my manager shows me the difference between the two products... the ones they wanted were probably three inches bigger than the ones I reserved for them. There was no other difference, they were still plush toys. FUCK PEOPLE WITH MONEY, FUCK THEM.

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi, I'm Tracy - welcome to my blog! I like to talk about Asian dramas and Korean Pop. Feel free to leave a comment or connect with me via my social media links. Enjoy your stay

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment