LATTE&STILETTOS


Girly Review: Black Swan (2010)



From IMDb: A ballet dancer wins the lead in "Swan Lake" and is perfect for the role of the delicate White Swan - Princess Odette - but slowly loses her mind as she becomes more and more like Odette's evil sister, Odile, the Black Swan.

SPOILER ALERT! If you haven't seen the movie yet, I would not recommend clicking the link.



I put off watching this movie for a long time and with all the hype around this movie, I had pretty high expectations. It wasn't as good as I expected but it was still enjoyable to watch and I liked it. I found that some of the imagery and symbolism were a little too easy to figure out. The ending is predictable once you "figure" everything out. I did like that throughout the whole movie, it made you think and wonder whether each scene was Nina's (Natalie Portman) hallucinations or if it actually happened.

I will say though that there were a few really awkward scenes. The girl on girl action had my girlfriends and I going "uh... a w k w a r d..." And when Thomas (Vincent Cassel) ~seduces~ Nina while dancing, we were just like :O...

Natalie Portman was amazing in this movie. Between being the innocent and fragile ballet dancer, transforming and letting her dark side take over, she really portrayed the role beautifully.

Watching The Roommate and Black Swan, I noticed there were a lot of similarities. Maybe I've been too observant but girl masturbation, obsession, weird student/professor relationships and psychotic disorders are obvious themes in both movies. Weird eh?

Girly Verdict: Although a bit predictable, overall it was a great movie. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis are both amazing actresses and the cinematography is absolutely stunning. I'll give it a 8/10

xoxo

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi, I'm Tracy - welcome to my blog! I like to talk about Asian dramas and Korean Pop. Feel free to leave a comment or connect with me via my social media links. Enjoy your stay

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment