LATTE&STILETTOS


Girly Review: Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)



From IMDb: Po joins forces with a group of new kung-fu masters to take on an old enemy with a deadly new weapon.

I loved the first one so I decided to bring my 8 year old brother to watch this in the theatres. Read more for my thoughts!

SPOILER ALERT!


Combine a cute and cuddly panda and Kung Fu and you've got a recipe for disaster and fun. There were a few moments that weren't as funny as they intended. Since this movie is mostly for kids, a lot of kids around me were laughing but my brother and I were mum. Po, as usual, is a clumsy Panda that gets sent on a new mission with the Furious Five but this time, the story surrounds Po finding out the truth about his real family.

At first, Po gets visions that his mother left him in a box of radishes for selfish reasons but we soon find out that she did it to protect him from being killed by Shen. Let me just say baby Po is the CUTEST thing ever. Does it come in plush? I WANT CUDDLE IT TO SLEEP. /child

Also, I gotta say I love Mr. Ping, Po's adoptive father. I love it when he questions if Po really knew he was adopted. It killed me.

At the end, it is revealed that his father is alive with a bunch of other Pandas (when it was implied that they all died) so I'm guessing there will be a third one about their reunion?

I enjoyed the movie, of course it's mostly intended for children but it can be enjoyable for adults too. Definitely a movie to watch with your family.

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi, I'm Tracy - welcome to my blog! I like to talk about Asian dramas and Korean Pop. Feel free to leave a comment or connect with me via my social media links. Enjoy your stay

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment