LATTE&STILETTOS


Girly Review: Trust (2010)



From IMDb: A teenage girl is targeted by an online sexual predator.

I had heard of this movie many times and finally watched it a few nights ago. Directed by David Schwimmer, I didn't know what to expect since I hadn't seen his first feature film before. I was pleasantly surprised and even after the movie I was very moved. If you like those kind of movies, then you should definitely check this one out.

SPOILER ALERT!


Annie is a 14 year old who is just starting high school and already feeling the pressures of being pretty, having a boyfriend and having sex. She befriends a popular girl in school and starts being influenced to buy bras, which angers her mom. She returns the bra from her mom's orders. All the while, she befriends a boy, Charlie online who at first tells her he is 15. However time and time again, he changes his story saying he's 20 and then 25.

They meet a mall and the boy is revealed to be a man in his 30s. He rapes her and leaves. The police is involved when Annie's best friend tells a counselor about Annie's rape and the search for Charlie begins.

When I was watching the movie, I had this constant "Holy shit..." look. The movie makes you go back and forth between Annie, played by Liana Liberato, and her dad Will, played by Clive Owen. At first, you're on Will's side because he's only trying to help his daughter find the predator but then he gets too obsessed and too indulged in finding him that he forgets to be there for Annie. That's where you start to see that Annie truly loves her dad. She was only acting cold towards him because he broke promises not to tell her family and because he was forgetting to spend time with her.

The movie ended by showing a clip of Charlie, his wife and his kid enjoying a day outside together. It is revealed that he is a physics teacher. It left me unsatisfied but at the same time, it was a strong one. It goes to show that in reality, a lot of these fuckers are still out there and raises awareness about this issue. David did a great job and I really like it. However, it is a pretty hard film to digest so prepare yourself.

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi, I'm Tracy - welcome to my blog! I like to talk about Asian dramas and Korean Pop. Feel free to leave a comment or connect with me via my social media links. Enjoy your stay

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment