LATTE&STILETTOS


Ombre & Tone: Quick Product Review & Pictures!


Hello! I have previously ombre'd my hair before but a year later, I am once again bored of my hair and attempting this again! Here are the products I ended up using to achieve this look:

- L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre #070 - $7.99 on sale
- L'Oreal Perfect Blondissima Streaks - $15.99
- L'Oreal Preference Medium Ash Blonde - $7.99 on sale
- Ardell Red Gold Corrector Plus - $1.09
- John Frieda Tone Correcting Shampoo - $13.99

I followed inspiration from Ly at Simplymodish! Credit goes to her for the tutorial. I will just be writing about my experiences with the products listed above and pictures of the process! Click the link below to read more.



A little history about my hair. I have naturally black hair and have dyed it multiple of times. I've had dyed light brown hair since university and recently dyed it black for work. I got bored of that, then used a hair colour remover and it left me with some light brown from before. That is the colour you see here:




Here begins my process! I decided to try out the L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre kit. I kept seeing it everywhere and finally caved in. The results that came out were not that great - I didn't end up even taking a picture of what that looked like. It ever so SLIGHTLY lightened my hair and I chose box #2 which I thought would be good since my hair is dark. Like Ly has mentioned - go for the lightest box OR you can try L'Oreal Perfect Blondissima Streaks or Bleach kit. I chose the streaks kit instead of the bleaching one because when I had previously bleached my hair for my ombre, I used this kit and it worked wonders! It took two tries to get it to an actual light blonde but if you're looking to make it ashy, two tries won't be needed. So after dying the ends of my hair with the L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre PLUS Perfect Blondissima kit (give it some rest time, don't do it all in the same day). Here is what my hair looked like:


Sexy, huh?

I gave it some time to rest since I had just bleached it so much. Then following Ly's instructions, I bought the Ardell Red Gold Corrector from a Sally's beauty supply store and added it to my dye mixture from the L'Oreal Preference Medium Ash Blonde. For more information on how to do this, check out Ly's blog linked at the top! Just a note to be careful, when pouring it in the dye mixture, I made a mess!! I then washed my hair with a purple shampoo - I got this shampoo last year when I had my previous ombre. Results:


It looks different in different lighting but I love it! I have always wanted to try an all over ashy colour like this but since bleaching is involved and root touch up is probably going to such a hassle, I thought it would be awesome to try this ombre out!

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them! :)

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi, I'm Tracy - welcome to my blog! I like to talk about Asian dramas and Korean Pop. Feel free to leave a comment or connect with me via my social media links. Enjoy your stay

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment